Made purchase at www.dealercostcaraudio.com on 07/05/09. After 1 week of not receiving any information regarding shipment, I sent an email to DCCA. They responded that order would be shipped by the end of week. They subsequently gave the same answer the next 3 weeks.
I got tired of waiting, and cancelled the order on 08/12/09. I received a confirmation email on 08/12/09 that the order was cancelled and credit would be applied to charge card within 7-14 days. After not receiving a credit in 14 days, I sent an email to DCCA trying to get information regarding the credit. After many emails they finally said the credit had been applied on 08/17/09.
I filed a complaint with the BBB on 08/28/09. I contacted my credit card company on 08/31/09 and disputed the charge. DCCA replied to the BBB complaint on 09/01/09 and stated that the credit had been applied to my card on 08/12/09. I responded to their BBB response that as of 09/02/09, no credit had been applied to my account. I also stated that since a BBB complaint had been filed, I'm sure DCCA would blame a technical error, and a credit would show up on my account within 2 days.
On 09/03/09 a credit finally showed on my account.
Monetary Loss: $217.